The North Island area of Vancouver Island is a year-round wilderness haven for the adventure-seeking enthusiast. A myriad of outdoor recreational opportunities are at your beckon call. Our modern 45-unit full facility hotel, the Airport Inn, is the perfect place to stay, as you explore the natural wonders of this region and enjoy the numerous activities.
- Port Hardy and area is world famous as a saltwater fishing haven with salmon and halibut fishing from early spring to late autumn. There are charters and rentals throughout the area.
- Go scuba diving year-round. Water clarity and tidal action makes this region a favourite with world class divers.
- Enjoy sea kayaking or canoeing.
- Enjoy a game of golf on the par-72 course.
- Take a forestry tour and learn about BC’s forests, visit the bird sanctuary for interesting vegetation and wildlife.
- Visit the local shops and see local artisans at work, including native carvers.
- Plan a hiking trip to one of the many out-of-the-way spots. Hike Cape Scott Provincial Park, a rugged north coast wilderness park.
- Visit Coal Harbour and enjoy canoeing, fishing and exploring.
- Visit the local museum. Stroll along the sea wall.
- Book a whale watching trip.
- Explore BC’s majestic coast, take the 15-hour Inside Passage BC Ferry trip to Prince Rupert, or book the shorter Discovery Coast Passage that takes you to Bella Coola and other coastal wilderness spots.
These are just a few of the many outdoor activities this area is known for. And to add to your Port Hardy and area visit, make your headquarters the Airport Inn.